Sunday, May 8, 2011

Team in Training

Cancer SUCKS! This is why I have decided to join Team in Training or TNT for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). The mission of this wonderful society is, "cure leukemia, lymphoma, hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life for patients and their families."
Team in Training is the largest charity endurance sports training program in the world. Since 1988, more than 440,000 volunteer participants have helped raise more than 1 billion dollars! I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful organization and will be fundraising over the next several months to meet my personal fundraising goal of $4000! This is a big challenge, I known, but not nearly as big as the challenge the patients affected with blood cancer face everyday. I will also be training all summer and competing in The Nation's Triathlon in DC on September 11, 2011. This race is an olympic distance which is a 1.5K swim in the Potomac River, 40K bike course through DC and a 10K run through Washington, DC's historical landmarks. I am so excited for the challenge!

I will be fundraising, training and competing in the memory of Kyra Meyer who is the granddaughter of special friends, Chuck and Dicksie Meyer. Unfortunately, Kyra passed away at the tender age of 16 from a lifelong battle with Leukemia. Kyra and the Meyer family were very involved with LLS before her passing and I am so honored to train and contribute my time to fundraise to find a cure for these blood cancers.

This is such an amazing cause and feel so fortunate to be a part of this wonderful organization. You will be hearing from me over the next couple months about my fundraising and training progress.

Please visit my online fundraising page and learn more about TNT and LLS.





No comments: