Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

What a great weekend! Brian's house was so beautiful. It was about 2 blocks from the super cute Main Street of Frisco, which is about an hour west of Denver. We made ourselves at home in no time early Friday afternoon, setting up the Christmas tree and gifts and watching the dogs sniff around and get comfortable with the house. We watched some movies and prepared hors d'oeuvres and I intermittently snapped some photos of the dogs. You can never have too many photos of your dogs.




Really Mom, again....




Our Christmas Eve spread

Christmas morning we woke up around 8am and Matt cooked an excellent egg soufflé (thanks Terri for the great recipe). We had coffee and breakfast then opened our presents. Koufax and Wendall got some cute gifts from Grandma Sauer, and Koufax had a great time opening his gift. Wendall was kind of a fuddy duddy and just sniffed at his; we had to open it for him.





Our families were so generous as usual. We got some great clothes and jammies, jewelry, photo editing software, and Dodgers tickets! Thank you so much fam!



I don't know how Matt had the time but he made a beautiful photo book for me of photos of our relationship. Accompanying the photos were thoughtful lyrics from some of our favorite songs which he also made into a CD. He is such a thoughtful and generous husband, I'm so fortunate.

Matt and my family have been so wonderful supporting my photography hobby. Matt and Steph got me a fancy flash for my camera and my parents got me Photoshop, which I am very excited about.



Saturday afternoon we took a nice walk down Main St. and let Koufy play in the snow drifts. He is so adorable in the snow.











Saturday evening, Matt was making lasagna and I was getting out of the shower when I heard the dogs going berserk. They were barking like crazy at someone who had just walked into the house. After I made myself decent I walked outside and it turned out that there had been a miscommunication and one of Brian's friends, Todd, and his Mom, Jane, thought the house was empty. They came from Denver and were planning to stay until Thursday to ski all week. After we all got over the deer-in-headlights feeling, we totally made the best of it and had dinner and great conversation and it was a really nice time. Life is full of surprises and I'm so glad that we were able to make lemonade from lemons.

Sunday, Matt and I hung out and were totally lazy. We had plans to go snowshoeing but we were total bums and it was great. We plan to go this weekend if we have time, photos to come.

Sunday night it started snowing and we took a walk down to the convenience store because we were craving hot chocolate. It was so delicious!


Although there were some unexpected events this weekend, it just made the weekend more memorable and wonderful. It was great seeing Todd again and meeting Jane, she is a really nice lady and an attorney here in Denver. Maybe our paths will cross again, I'm sure it will be a time when I am least expecting it. :-)

Even though we weren't able to spend Christmas with our families, it was a great first Christmas being married to Matt. We had an excellent weekend. Love you Matt!

No comments: