Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's New.

I've been keeping myself busy and life is pretty awesome. Running is going well. I've been feeling good, still motivated and focused. I will head out to run 13 later today when I can peel my butt off the couch. It is a beautiful day and I'm really looking forward to it considering my 12 last week was run on the ice and snow so I'm excited about being able to increase my pace without fear of falling down.

I am headed to Florida this week for a wound care and edema class. I'm pretty excited to go to Tampa, although the class goes until 6pm everyday so I'm not sure if I will have much of a chance to enjoy the beautiful Florida sunshine. Really, I'm just excited to be among the palm trees. Although I'm excited for the trip, I'm going to miss my boys like crazy but I'm sure they will hold down the fort just fine without me.

Matt and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner this weekend at Root Down. We had amazing service and the food was incredible. We had a lovely view of the downtown skyline and it was just perfect.

I took this photo with Matt's iphone.


The dogs are doing well. Koufax has graduated to sleeping in the room with us. He has not perfected the art of sleeping in though. He wakes me up with a kiss every morning around 6:30, he is so dang cute!

Matt is also doing well, he has been very busy with his civil rights case and is conducting his first deposition this week. Good luck, Matt!

Matt and I have finished all 6 seasons of LOST. I really loved the show even though there were many unanswered questions. I want to start from the beginning and rewatch the entire series again but Matt wants to watch The Wire instead. I'm fine with that, I heard it's a great show.

I took Stacy's maternity photos last week, it was really fun and a great learning experience. I actually got an email from a woman who wants to hire me for her maternity photos so it looks like my business is slowly but surely taking off!

I will leave you with some motivational mantras you can recite to yourself when you are running and things get tough. Matt will laugh at me when he reads this but a few of these really help me when I'm digging deep.
  • Run Fierce, Think Speed
  • Stride Strong, Feel Power
  • Stride Strong, Think Speed
  • Run Fast, Think Light
  • This is how you get stronger
  • Stay focused, just relax
  • Think forward
  • Deep Breath, Keep Moving

No comments: